Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Working in Newark

Week 2! Things are going great out here! At first I was having a hard time settling into the work and getting used to everything that it entails, but I'm getting it down pretty well! My first week it seemed like all of our investigators were cancelling and we weren't teaching much of anything, but this gave us plenty of time to find! We were able to set a young couple with a little girl on date and have plenty new contacts to teach, it's going good! 
Little miracle for this week, it was a big focus to hit our new investigator goal and we were still one down at 8:30 Sunday night. We had just knocked on a potential's door in an apartment building and there was no answer, so we didn't know what the poop to do. So I told my trainer, pick a number between 10 and 30. He knew I was just trying to pick a random door to knock to he told me to choose. 25 it was! Didn't know why, but it came out of my mouth before anything else did. We went up, and knocked the door. I was gonna be stoked if someone just answered the door, because we've heard people come up to the door, look through the peep hole, and walk away. We've also heard people shush little ones behind the door, stellar. Well, Someone answered! This nice Catholic lady was super open and receptive and actually had a daughter who had talked to the missionaries before. We showed her the "Because He Lives" video, prayed, set up an appointment, and there's our last investigator for the week! It was pretty dang neat.
There's plenty of crazy people, but there's plenty people that are ready as well! The Lord directs this work no doubt in my mind, I just hope and can be a more effective tool in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment