Had a great week at the MTC! General conference was a wonderful break from the daily grind, felt like I had a weekend again! Seriously ate so much garbage food though, a couple of our hermanas have very generous parents. For instance, one of the hermanas was sent a bunch of eggs, so once everyone was out of the room to go to breakfast she hid all of them and we had a nice little hunt right after breakfast. It was way fun! We can still hold on to traditions despite our displacement. Also, one of the other hermana's mom heard that none of the Elder's had received packages, so she sent us 2 dozen doughnuts and gatorade! Super grateful!
Loved conference! This year was definitely the most attentive I've ever been during all of general conference. I really appreciated the talks on families and such, made me miss home, but at the end of the day on sunday after conference was all finished up we watched a devotional given by Elder Holland in the Provo MTC and it got me right back in to the mission mode! I'm trying to stay as motivated as possible during class and such, but I'm just ready to get to NJ and start to work!
Hymns are definitely inspired for the conference as well. Especially since during one of the talks, I think it was Elder Ballards, he talked about people needing to pray in the language of their hearts and need to hear the gospel in their native language. So that struck at home for sure, but after that the choir sang "let us all press on!" Definitely takes some pressing on to learn a new language! It's been coming pretty good for me though, I feel confident in my ability to speak, just can't really understand Jack ... It'll come though! I look forward to the day when I don't even have to think about it, the spanish just comes out, I know that's far in the future though.
I have so much to be grateful for while I'm out here! And general conference made a few of them pretty obvious. I'm so grateful for the atonement and family and the priesthood and the gift of tongues! And for an awesome district. Like I said, New Jersey is calling my name and I can't wait to get out there to have some awesome investigator stories for you guys. Hope all is well for everyone and I hope you all had a happy Easter!
-Elder Alan Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment