Looks like we might be getting Ipads here! The 19th we have an all mission conference for a training on Ipads and we're supposed to actually get them in June, but everyone from my district is super old in the mission and they're all saying that this had been going on for a year already, so my hopes aren't too high. Plus I could see how it could be a major distraction. And I'm in Newark, so toting around an Ipad is almost like painting a target right on my back. And that along with the white shirt and tie, might as well get a sign that says "Rob me!" =) In all seriousness it would be pretty cool and no doubt it would be very helpful, it'll be interesting to see how actually using them works out though.
This week was pretty interesting. We had a good start, but it was easy to forget all that on Saturday. After having our sweaty interview with the President, we had 6 set appointments for the day. It was supposed to be hectic and busy and awesome full of lessons! But not a single person answered their door that afternoon. It was tough, didn't seem like anyone wanted to talk to us. Then, as we were walking back to our apartment a guy in a wheelchair says to us as we walk bye, "Joseph! Brother Joseph! Joseph Smith right? Angel Moroni? The Mormons?" I have no idea where this guy came from, but he lives literally in the apartment building right next to ours. We didn't even have to ask him any questions, he just told us how he loves the "Mormon Bible" and wants to talk with us. He gave us his address and everything without batting an eye. That day was still tough, and I was discouraged at the end of it, but every day like that comes to an end, and now we have a new person to teach! I'm excited to see how well he's going to do.
Things are really going well here, for the one bad day there's countless good ones! And I just gotta keep a good attitude about it all either way. Love you all and hope everything is going awesome!
Love, Elder Alan Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment