Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Striking Gold!

We did it! We found a golden investigator! Well, he more found us. The guy I talked about last week, who stopped us while we were walking, we got to meet with him and he had already read and knew everything was true. We had an awesome lesson with him and we put him on date right there! He is so enthusiastic about the gospel and has a huge desire to know more, and he just fell right into our hands! People like him don't come around too often.

Spring hit pretty hard this week, there was literally a layer of green on the cars from all the pollen in the air, it's a good thing I don't have any allergies ... It was also super sweaty the past couple of days. Just sitting in an appointment I had sweat running down my face, the humidity can get pretty bad. It's not even June yet, too! We'll see how many shirts I destroy this summer with my sweat. 

I had the opportunity to baptize someone yesterday! This little old 84 year old Puerto Rican woman who has actually been baptized before, but her records were lost or never turned in by the missionaries who baptized her first, so she got to do it again! The missionaries before me starting teaching her thinking she was just an inactive member, but then they discovered she wasn't a member on paper, so here we are! It was an honor to get to do it, and even though this is round two for her, the spirit was still very strong in the meeting and there were so many people that were there to support her. I was surprised at how well it came together after stressing over it all week, but everything went awesome! 


After all that I got to skype home for the first time and it was great to see everyone! I was glad to hear everyone is alive and well, I'm just waiting for the next one where I'll get to see my little sisters and how much they'll have grown up in the next months. 
That was pretty much the week, just getting ready for the baptism and getting to teach our new, awesome investigator. I hope you all had a good mother's day back home! I just wish there was more I could do to express my love for my mama. Have a good week everyone!
Elder Alan Jordan

1 comment:

  1. Oh so very proud of you and your efforts as a missionary.

    ReplyDelete