Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

One Transfer Down

One whole transfer in! I'm halfway done with training and there's a lot that's going to change in the next week. First off though, we got iPads this week! Had a whole mission conference on Tuesday and now all the missionaries, except for the ones leaving in the next couple of days, have iPads! It's pretty neat. We don't have Facebook yet and there's still a lot to learn, but we should be using them like pros to preach within the next 6 weeks! This week I got to witness a street sermon as well! We were headed to an appointment and we could hear a guy speaking Spanish over some speakers and once we could see him it was easy to tell it was a preacher guy going hard. They had a pretty nice set up in the outer corner of this park and there were people on the surrounding corners passing out fliers and stuff. As we kept walking we could hear that he was talking about how he went to a little forest to pray and the spirit came and told him the Lord had a special work and purpose for him. It was rather interesting! Sounded kinda familiar ...
Other than that a bird pooped on me and one of our investigators dropped us on the same day. The investigator's brother had told him that we were a cult and so he was no longer interested in our message. We tried explaining to him that we're Christian too, and he knows that we're good people! He kept on saying that he didn't want to offend us and that we are good guys, but he just is no longer interested. It's all good! There was a good spirit in the room and I'm sure he'll come around one day, it's just unfortunate that Satan works so hard against us.
Well, I hope everyone is doing awesome! I know I'm feeling pretty good over here! Sundays can be pretty exciting as a missionary, sitting and waiting to see who is gonna show up, and every time someone walks in the door your hope spikes up then gets dropped like a baby giraffe. It's fun though! When people do come it's the best. We had a family come all together for the first time and I was so happy! It's really amazing how much love you can feel for the people you meet out here. It's hard to explain. But it's awesome!
God is good! He sure helps us missionaries out a lot. Keep on trucking
everyone! Love yous!
Elder Alan Jordan

Saturday Morning Sunrise


No comments:

Post a Comment