Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Too much sitting December 7, 2015

Greetings all!
This week was a good one! Had some good times seeing other missionaries and going to the temple, but it didn't leave us too much time to hit the streets like usual. On Tuesday the entire mission was together at a smaller chapel and it was pretty amusing squeezing all those missionaries into that gym. It's always good to see mission buddies though! The day after that we had a temple trip for our zone, so we headed off to NYC for the day. The trip there was pleasant, but man, on the way back there was wayyyy too many people. I would get tired of that trip real quick if I had to make it on a daily like some people do. It was awesome to get to go to the temple! I was just kind of done for the day afterward though.
 


This week we had a pretty awesome lesson with one of our investigators, Sagrario. She says she's a Mormon, just hasn't been baptized yet, we're working on getting her to church. This go around though, we were dating counselors for her, it was sweet. That's how you really know your helping people right there, talking about real life problems and using words of the modern day prophets to address them. She just wants a solid man, so we've got some work to do for sure.
Other than that, I'd say the highlight of the week was on Friday. We were on exchange, I was in the area that covers the other side of Passaic and boy, did we eat. The first meal appt was with a family that is notorious for killing missionaries with the amount of food they give. We made it through that one though, what did us in was going to visit a family that doesn't usually feed the missionaries that just happened to be cooking when we showed up. It was spaghetti with some sort of fruit juice. It was tough. I had to swallow the spaghetti down with the juice like pills. I polished it off though! I finished it! My fatal mistake was accepting another glass of juice ... I took two big gulps of that stuff to try to get it down quickly and man, I knew right there if I stood up I was going to throw up. So I stayed seated, crunched over to keep it down, and it settled a little bit, but I still wasn't feeling like I was gonna make it very far. So I politely asked if I could go to the bathroom. Upon entering the bathroom, my worry switched from puking to the family hearing me puke. I'm happy to report that the substance exited in a smooth fashion that required no heaving. I pretty much just exhaled and let the food come back up with it. I'm not proud. But a the lesson I hope to convey to you at home is that if you happen to feed the missionaries, please don't order them to "eat more." Rather, of you prefer no leftovers, offer them to take it home. That is invaluable to us and helps us have to worry about  groceries even less! I definitely appreciate being fed by members and nonmembers alike, and I appreciate that they enjoy the way and the amount that I eat. I would just ask of those who are within the reach of my voice (or keyboard? Blog I suppose)  that you not be offended if the missionaries arrive to your house full. Even if they know you feed them, it's kind of a first come first gets to serve basis. We will never turn away food, we just sometimes won't be able to finish it. Love you all! Sorry you had to read that. Keep it up my people!
Elder Jordan



1 comment: