Things have
been pretty spectacular over here I must say. So, last week we had the
greatest week ever for finding people, and thus, this week, we had the
most lessons in a week that I have ever had. It feels good to be busy,
no doubt about it! After walking so much when I was first assigned to
Elder Hebertson, looking for people to teach, we finally have got a
couple. It's just a relief to have people that will meet with you on a
regular basis. This couple that we're teaching, Rocio and Javier, who
goes by Jimmy for some forsaken reason, are SUPER awesome! They came to
church last week after only visiting with them once and they've been
meeting with us twice weekly. I'll probably have to leave this area
before I can see them get baptized, but they're well on their way and
it's awesome to see their desire keep growing. The way we found them too
was just visiting a less active member, we kept trying this less active
after not seeing her for over six weeks and we were finally able to see
her three times before she was leaving the area and in one of our
visits, Javier started talking to us, just like that, and now we're
rolling.
Some of the lessons from this week did come from
some crazies though, as per usual. On Wednesday we were walking on down
the street and there was this guy walking toward us that looked white,
but as we were going to walk by, he asked us, in Spanish, if we spoke Spanish. Of course we said yes and he immediately followed up with the
request of a blessing. I asked him if there was anything in specific,
and as per the trend with these sidewalk blessings, he just wanted a
blessing for life. So I said a little prayer and asked for him to be
blessed and afterward he pretty much ordered us to come to his house. It
was rather interesting. In the back of my mind I was worried something
bad was going to happen once we got there, but as we walked we talked
with him and found out he's from El Salvador and such. We got to his
house, started talking, and not much of what he was saying made a whole
lot of sense. He told us he was concerned how he didn't feel the love of
God when he went to his church, but then when we asked him if he'd like
to learn more about our message, he just said no, nothing more. He's
super catholic too, and would ask us doctrinal questions about the
church that sounded like he was gearing up for an argument, then he'd
completely agree with us. Well, that first lesson ended with us blessing
the home and he invited us to come back the next day to share some
more. We went back, and we discovered that he would like to learn how to
read from us! So as we were trying to teach him, he took this tall
bottle that had been hidden in a box next to his seat the whole time,
and took a good swig. Elder Hebertson asked, "What are you drinking?"
And with no hesitation, "Water." "That's not water." Again, no
hesitation, "beer." Good stuff. We set up another appointment for Tuesday, but then, as we were leaving he asked us to come back that next
day again. We ended up showing up the next day a little late, and he
wasn't home, but we talked to his nephew who lives on a different floor
of the same building and come to find out, this guy takes a month or so
of the year off of work and just drinks until he goes to the hospital
for a detox dealio. So yeah, we happened to catch him during his rough
time of the year. We'll see how things go with him though!
Sorry
for how long that was. For how interesting meeting that guy was, the
best highlight of the week by far was getting to see our recent convert,
Edis, pass the sacrament at church. I felt like a proud dad! I just
wish I could be here to see him baptize his own little daughter. Maybe!
That's pretty much it though, things are going along great for us and
it's starting to cool down that's for sure. I enjoy it. I hope you all
had a wonderful week and know that no matter how much fun you are having
without me, I'd rather be here! Haha! Love ya all!
ReplyDeleteWe set up another appointment for Tuesday
ทางเข้า Holiday Palace