Elder Jordan
Cover Photo
Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Gettin' outta Newark September 28, 2015
Well, the day has finally come everyone, I am leaving Newark, my beloved city. Yesterday the leaders in the Mission send out texts to every companionship with the names of those who are leaving, and I'm getting gone. On Tuesday we have a big meeting in the mission with all of those who are getting transferred and their companions and there I'll find out where I'm going and who my new comp is just before heading off to go do more work. I'm gonna miss this place, but I'm pretty stoked to be getting into another area! This was a really interesting week though. It'll be hard to explain without a map, so I'll just tell you simply that Elder Hebertson and I found out on thursday that the Zone leaders will be taking over our area of North Newark and Elder Hebertson with his new companion will be taking over an area that was once covered by a sister companionship. We're not getting enough missionaries in to keep up with the number of areas that we've had in the mission. So basically either way I was going to have new people to work with, but I'll actually be moving into a new apartment and everything now too. So after Thursday was mostly saying goodbyes and whatnot. We were able to see most of the members in our area and the investigators that we've been working most with and take pictures and everything. One of the best goodbyes though was with good 'ole Hermana Cruz. She's so nuts. As we were with her getting ready to eat, somehow the fact that she has written songs was brought up, so she started looking for some of her songs and even sang for us! It was spectacular. Then, for the lesson, we had her read scripture on one of our ipads and she accidentally swiped it to a different page and consequently swore in English with a word that starts with S. She's too much! Luckily, the scripture was about using our ability to choose, so we encouraged her to choose to use better language after that. She's such a crazy little wrinkly old lady. She's the best. Other than that it was just mellow goodbyes, there was one lesson we walked to last night where on the way there was this celebration of Dominican Independence, where they had closed off a whole block of a major street and had a band up on a trailer at one end and little street vendors along the sidewalk like at a fair. It was nuts! Then, on the way back home after the lesson, there was just tons of bottles and cups strewn all over the street. Ridiculous. So gnarly. We made it home safe and sound, witnessed just one fight, and now we're here. I'm excited to be getting to my new area and tell you guys all about it. Love you all! Keep living it up wherever you may be. Stay Sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteRoyal Online Slots games are more convenient than anyone else.
Royal Online An online casino site that is open to playing online gambling games for a long time. Fun alternative channels to change the view and game play online betting entirely because of the game. Bet online with online casino site. Open up to play free online gambling games.
You can choose Gclub เล่นผ่านมือถือ to play all-online betting games. All items like or want to play. All players can choose and bet on the money according to their preferences. You can place bets on your own understanding, and the prize money you receive is not subject to any restrictions or restrictions.
You can make millions of money by yourself just by playing online games. Be aware of this, and do not forget to join the fun and play games online with us, because the fun and rich will happen every time you click on the site.