I'm understanding Spanish! It's happening! So this week I got a new companion, Elder Hebertson. And he's even newer than I am in the mission, so leading up to coming back to our area and teaching I was kinda worried, but wouldn't ya know it, the Lord has provided. Like the flip of the switch I am able to understand people wayyyy better! Still very far from 100% Probably still around 50% When it comes to people monologue-ing, but I feel way more confident! It's a beautiful thing. Other than that we had a pretty good week out here. Saw a few of our members for my new companion to get to know them and saw some more hood stuff in our neck of the concrete jungle. For instance, we were waiting at a bus stop at the end of the day to head home, it was already dark at this point, and a guy came walking up with a cigar in his mouth, not unusual. What was funny was when he took the cigar apart, thew out all of the tobacco, and starting crumbling weed up and dropping it into the cigar paper. Classic. That's my city!
The day after that we had an awesome lesson with some new investigators that the English Elders were handing off to us. We had a member with us and they were really receptive, they even invited a couple of their friends to listen to us as well! But we get out of the lesson and it's pouring down rain. Our member didn't have a car, so walking through the rain it was. Got good and soaked that night.
We had an excellent all-mission P-day to top off the week too! Everyone got together and we all went to a park and played all sorts of games. It was pretty cool just to get to hang out with some of the other missionaries and see some of the missionaries I had gotten to know in the past.
We're looking forward to a solid week this week and hopefully I'll have some more good stories for ya! I hope you're all doing great and I'll talk to ya in another week!
Love, Elder Alan Jordan
 |
| New companion, Elder Hebertson. |
 |
My Zone
|
No comments:
Post a Comment