Good morning everyone!
Well, to get right into it, my companion and I are repenting for next week. We've had a lot of success of the past couple of transfers, but these past week was pretty much garbage for us, and the fault can only be turned to us. We did put forth a good effort during most of the week, but the blessing of people opening up doors has slowed down immensely. Saturday it poured down rain, and although we did get a couple of appointments in before it started to pour, we definitely took a cheat day to stay out of the rain and were a couple lousy excuses for missionaries. So there's the confession. Too much laziness this week! On Tuesday it was hot and we walked all day knocking on doors and I sweat so much that my pit stains made it half way down my shirt toward my pants, I should have taken a picture, but at the end of that day I was happy. We did what we could, we tried a lot of people, they just weren't home or didn't want to answer the door. And comparing that to the way I felt at the end of the day on Saturday ... oofdah, no more cheat days for us. That's some valuable mission time I'll never get back.
Despite that Saturday and the slowing of the work for us, there were some good things that happened this week! This guy totally contacted us in the bathroom of a McDonald's. We were going to the bathroom before we headed out after having some lunch and there was a guy in there that must have been bathing himself or something, there was water all over the place and his head and arms were wet. Who knows, homeless people gotta get clean somehow. Anywho! We walk in there and he proceeds to ask us as I'm approaching the urinal, "Hey! Got something for me to read?" So I halted my progression toward the bathroom apparatus and, while Elder Torres was in the stall, talked to this guy about the Book of Mormon and what's in it and such. We gave him our number and a Book of Mormon and we were left to take care of our business. One of the more interesting contacts I'll have no doubt. The only other real exciting thing that happened this week was that our recent convert, Angela, gave the lesson in gospel principles on Sunday, and she totally rocked it! She was super nervous about it right before and expressed a little concern during the week, but she did just fine. I'm excited to see her continue to progress and do those things that will bring her even closer to Heavenly Father. It's pretty dang neat.
Well, I hope you all had a wonderful week! I'll report on our improvement next Monday, hopefully we don't get too off track with the Fourth of July, we'll have to be pretty focused. There's always room for improvement, we just gotta keep trying. Love you all! Thank you for the prayers and the support. Talk to you in another week!
Love, Elder Alan Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment