Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Monday, June 22, 2015

An Interesting week 6-15-2015

Well, don't get me wrong, we had a pretty good week, there was just a lot more meetings this week and we didn't have quite as much time to proselyte, so it didn't feel so productive. It all started off really well! We went down to the temple in Manhattan as a zone and got to do a session there, it was crazy walking through the subway stations as a zone of missionaries, I felt like we were totally in the way of all the New Yorkers down there going to who knows where. What topped it all off was that we headed back to NJ right at rush hour, so when 21 missionaries hopped onto the same subway car at the same time it made for a pretty tight squeeze. We were seriously packed in like sardines. It was fun though! There's a crazy amount of people walking around over there that's for sure.
The next day was when it kinda started to turn. We had a regular meeting in the morning, which was fine and dandy, but when we left from that we got no more than 4 blocks away when we stopped to see what was going on with our car to find a flat tire. Usually not a huge deal, but this car had been sitting for a while so after we got the lugs off we could not get the tire to budge for the life of us and in the heat and humidity trying to get it off made for a real good and sweaty occasion. We spent a good hour beating this tire with our feet and with hammers people lent us until if finally just popped off like nothing. Who knows. That ate up our day pretty good though!
The rest of the week was just a struggle to find people at home between other meetings we had and such. We did talk to this one guy though who told us he was a god, but that he was a young god, so he was still learning, and that his son was the shield over the earth, so the ozone I guess ... We saw that same guy 3 times! He seemed like he'd be pretty cool! His brain had just been dissolved to some lesser state, probably mush, due to drugs.
We finished off the week good though! We were able to baptize a little family and we're super excited for them! They're going to be solid members. I got to baptize the husband and Elder Torres, my companion, baptized the wife. I had to do it twice ... It felt like a messed up the wording a little bit during the prayer, and then when I lowered him into the water the first time I did it kinda fast and he totally slapped against the water. I definitely made some waves in the font! I guess his knee poked out of the water as well. Only had to do it twice though! All in all it was a really good week! Getting to baptize a family was really cool and I'm told it's pretty rare. We've definitely been blessed with the opportunity to teach them! I'm just excited for the dad to get to baptize his daughter in a couple of years, that'll be way awesome. I hope everything is going good for everyone back
home! Things are going pretty dang good here. Looking forward to going to work this week! Keep on truckin.
Love yous!
Elder Alan Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment