Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Living la Vida Misional



I'm alive and well in Mexico! It's really beautiful down here on the campus of the MTC, but it's a real madhouse outside the walls. There's fireworks going off all the time, police sirens in the middle of the night, and loud cars driving by all the time. The drive in to the MTC from the airport was the best, definitely wish I would have had my camera handy for that. We all filed onto a bus and drove through the city during rush hour and there was the most random crap going on. People walking in the middle of the street between cars selling water bottles, candy, cigarettes, whatever. The miracle is that they aren't getting ran over after being in the street for more than 30 seconds because the roads are so narrow, we could literally reach out the window and touch the  other buses driving by us. On top of all the people trying to sell crap, we saw this guy in the middle of street standing on top of like an 8ft step ladder, juggling flaming bowling pins, painted silver, freaking legendary. Everything in the city looked so sketch. Almost every building was fenced and gated off and the only about half of the windows weren't broken and most of them had bars. Just stellar. I'm safe in the MTC though, we're surrounded by an 8ft brick wall with 4ft of electric fence on top of that. Security is no joke. 

The Language is coming along alright! Feeling super grateful for those 3 years back in high school because I can actually understand the natives for the most part, as long as they slow it down. Plus we had a lesson with a mock investigator our second day here and even though I was sweating bullets trying to find words, it went relatively well. 
It's beautiful here on the grounds of the MTC, palm trees and sun every day and we still get a nice little rain some of the evenings. Despite the rain, the hills surrounding the MTC will go up in flames on about a weekly basis, I actually saw one of the brush fires on Saturday, but I guess it's no big deal, they just burn out. 

My district is awesome! We all get along real well and enjoy each other's company outside of class, which is basically all day. I was assigned to be the district leader and we just try having fun with everything that we do! It can be a little overwhelming trying to get the doctrine and the language down all while trying to prepare for our mock investigator and for talks and lessons on Sunday, but it's good to be here and to have the tag on! Not missing home really at all, just excited to be out here and getting work done, plus I'm worrying about the language and the investigator to much right now to think about home really. Having fun and feeling the spirit! Love you guys!  

1 comment: