It's been overcast and awesome this past week! On P-Day as we were ready to head back to our casa it started raining and thundering like nobody's business. We waited it out in our classroom and the rain turned into peanut M&M sized hail. After about 15 minutes it let up enough for us to run home, but everything was flooding pretty good. We got to the little dead end where our house is and the entire cul-de-sack was under water. We were able to make it to our house as dry as possible, got changed into shorts, and went and played in the water! Shoulda brought my swimming shorts on my mission after all! The water was only mid-shin deep, and it was freezing cold! Caused more initial pain than the Oregon Pacific Ocean if you can believe that! But it was a nice little break from the grind. For the rest of the week the weather reminded me of home a lot, overcast and cool, just with less rain.
This P-Day we got to go to the temple in Mexico City, which is the biggest one outside of the states, but it's being remodeled so we only did the visitor's center, which was still really cool with the Christus and the little bookstore that they have filled with Mexican churchy stuff. Got some better pictures of the city too! This place is really cool! Just a little crammed for me. Looking forward to getting back to the states for the food as well! It's not that the food is bad here, it's just not doing me any favors ...
It's been super awesome teaching the Mock investigators, our teachers just act as people they taught on their missions and we get to teach them and it's always a super awesome experience! I feel like a champ afterward every time! I can't wait to get out into the field and be doing it all day every day, but I guess I need to know the language a little better before I go ...
I'm having fun and the sun is coming back out! Loving the palm trees and the city (at least from a safe distance) Thanks for everything and Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment