I hope everyone is all doing awesome wherever you may be reading this from. Things have been rolling right along over here and we've had a couple of second dates! There's an interesting situation we face as missionaries when it comes to the second lesson. Between working around peoples schedules and whether people actually want to see you for a second time, it gets hard to meet with people. We had some luck during an exchange this week though! So exchanges are when another companionship and your own companionship swap one person each, so one person stays in their area and another person goes to a different area with a different companion just for the day. So we exchanged with some missionaries that are getting ready to go home this Tuesday and my companion stayed in our area with a different missionary and they had a few great experiences with seeing some people for the second time. One family they saw for the second time after not being able to see them for over a month and from what I've been told it was spectacular! Celiclia, the mom, and her children were excited to hear about the plan of salvation and see the necessity of baptism. We're hoping to put them on date this coming week!
So we definitely had some excellent lessons, but this week I felt like my spanish had digressed a little. I don't know why, I was just feeling tired a couple of the days and my brain could not process spanish. There was one instance we talked to this lady on her front porch and I was trying to ask if we could get her number to see if we could come see her some other time and I couldn't even muster the spanish to say, "I can't speak spanish right now." It usually loosens 'em up a little when you say that then buys me some time to think through what I need to say. But I couldn't even manage that! It's all good fun though, the awkwardness gets pretty thick some times with some of the people we talk to because spanish can still be a bit of a barrier depending on how fast they talk or what kind of accent they have. We had a pretty good week though! Lots of laughs and as always a couple of drunks and some drug paraphernalia here and there. I love this place! I hope you all have an excellent week and are living it up back at home.
Love ya!
Elder Jordan
| Skyline from the roof of our building, may or may not have been legal for us to be up there ... |
No comments:
Post a Comment